How are you all! With the new developments on ETM I am kind of loaded with work right now.This whole weekend hubby and me ended up working on the blog only.Except for the time we went for "Bol Bachchan". Ajay Devgan is so amazing in the movie. Dint like Abhishek much though! May be he is too busy with baby to focus on work! :P But all in all we enjoyed a lot.
Alright back to work. :P
Today i am going to review my first ever clear mascara.I always had this notion about clear mascaras that they actually do not do anything for the eyes and are just marketing gimmicks.I mean if i need to define my lashes i should try black or brown....Why spend money on something that is clear.I was so wrong! After using this one from Diana of London i am bound to change my opinion.
Price: INR 425/- for 10 ml.
Available here online.
What It Claims:
Start applying mascara close to the roots of the lashes, and sweep the brush up to the tip. Leave to dry for a few seconds, and then reapply until the desired effect, is obtained.
When i tried it on for the first time i was in a hurry and did not notice much difference.I did feel the cooling effect it had on my lashes but thats about it.Next time i paid a little more attention and i as really impressed with it. have been using it almost everyday now and i love how natural it looks.No one can make out you have anything on your lashes yet they look defined in a very nice way.
The packaging is very sturdy with a transparent bottom and grey cap with a golden rim.Looks really classy.
The texture of the mascara is gel like as the name already suggests.Its weightless and non sticky to touch. I tried rubbing it on my hand and got absorbed quickly and the spot felt quite moisturized. So i feel its good for the lashes too. :)
The wand is very basic and i feel they should have focused on it at the price it comes for. Not that it does not work but would have loved it if it was a pro at separating the lashes.It coats them nicely but the thing is its a gel and lashes kind of stick to each other if we layer 2 coats in a hurry.I know even the application tips mention about applying only after the coats dry but then if i have that much time i wouldn't be using it in the first place. :P
But but but!!! I am a lazy girl so i kind of made it work without waiting for it to dry. ;) Come,I will show you.
- The first pic is without any mascara.So you are able to see my lash line but my lashes are not really visible. :P
- I applied two consecutive coats without waiting for it to dry. :/ ( You should ideally wait ) you now see my lashes in groups. Sticking to each other.Apart from that i notice some definite curling & lengthening effect. :)
- Now what i do is, just wipe the wand with a tissue and comb my lashes with it. you can use a lash com as well. However i feel the mascara wand takes off the excess mascara in the lashes and does the combing uniformly.
- Repeat the process till you get the desired result and then apply and seal with a last coat of mascara. :D
Now if you are still in doubt as to why you need a clear mascara, let me make a list of situations or people who might be interested in a clear mascara....
- People who would like to define their lashes but are not comfortable with the obvious Mascara laden lashes. You know the kind, who feel embarrassed with even a slight hint of makeup getting noticed. (That was me some 2 years back. :P )
- People who work in Offices/ Places where "Makeup on a girl = Indecent behaviour" Please do not get surprised.In India there are several places where makeup is considered a sin. :/ They take you to be dumb and brainless if you use makeup. (Sad but thats the reality). So even if you like wearing makeup you avoid using them to such places.
- People who have never used a mascara and wants to start now.its definitely a good start for beginners.
- People who love nude eye makeup and do not want a lot of drama going on there.
- When you are in a hurry with no time and do not want raccoon eyes cause of the half dried mascara staining your lids still need to do something about your lashes.
- In the monsoons.When you do not want your mascaras to flow and stain your face.
My Rating: 4 out of 5
My Recommendation: Its strictly not for people who love dramatic eyes or scantly lashes.If you are looking for a clear mascara then yes, i'll surely recommend this to all of you.
P.S: PR Sample but has not affected my review. You can definitely see the results in the picture above. ;)