Review by Shivangi
I hope you are doing well and enjoying the Monsoons!
I hate Monsoons because I hate the chip chip but that’s another story. Today I am going to introduce you to a Gem(I am trying to be sarcastic!) from my makeup kit.
I am happy that I had got this as a ‘Free gift’, otherwise I would have been so sad :( because this is a real Dud! Revlon hardly provides any duds but this one really is a big one! The formula is bad and it makes me sad because Revlon has been my favorite since I was a kid. Mommy used to buy Revlon goodies and I had this dream of owning the whole Revlon range! I thought it was the best thing around.
Anyways, I will tell you about this in detail below:
What Revlon claims?
One-step, food-proof lip color with a patented ColorStay™ technology that lasts up to 24 hours.
- Food-proof lip color with a built-in, ultra-conditioning topcoat.
- One-step application- No topcoat required for comfortable wear.
- Stays comfortable and wears beautifully
- Does not feather or fade; no touch-ups required, even after meals
- Available in 20 full-coverage, soft satin shades, including 4 new shades!
To Use: Apply a thin, even layer to clean, bare lips and wait until dry. Use with ColorStay™ Lip liner for a polished look.
To Remove: Use any oil-based makeup remover or cleanser.
My take on the product:
Let me dissect the claims for you:
- Food-proof lipcolor with a built-in, ultra-conditioning topcoat. – 4/5
- One-step application- No topcoat required for comfortable wear—4/5
- Stays comfortable and wears beautifully—1/5
- Does not feather or fade; no touch-ups required, even after meals –3/5
- Available in 20 full-coverage, soft satin shades, including 4 new shades!—5/5
Packaging: A cylindrical tube holds this lipcolor. It is transparent and has a black lid. You may recognize this from your lipcolor stash very easily. The packaging is sturdy.
Price: No idea as it was a ‘Free Gift’ :P.
Available for INR 775/- HERE If anybody is interested after reading the review. :P
Staying Power: It easily stays for 4-5 hours with meals in between. In fact it stays even more but that I will tell you in the next part.
Pigmentation: This is pigmented but the texture is BAD.
Texture: This is the worst part of this lipstick. The application is uneven and streaky. When applied on lips, it appears as if a kid has applied it on lips with shaking hands! No really, I have two from this range and both look bad on lips irrespective of shade. It always makes my lips very sticky and gooey as if I have applied a glue on them.
Shade: Maroon with Brown undertones, would suit medium to Dark skin tones.
Swatches will help you understand better.
On the lips!
· 1. All the pros are overridden by the fact that the finish is so bad that you will end up not using it at all!
· 2. Not tested on animals
· 1.The finish is so bad that it is a pain to review this lipstick :(
Rating: 2/5 (+1 for not testing on animals and +1 for giving it for free! )
Recommendation: Please don’t buy it. It is a real dud. Even if they offer it as a Free Gift, bargain for something else.
ETM Edit* I seriously don't know how bad these are but you made this look ohh so amazing on your lips Shivangi!!!If you say its horrible am definitely gonna stay away but i have to try it at the store and see if it looks as gorgeous on my lips as well. ;)
BTW this is the second piece of absolute dud from Revlon. :/