Review by Vandana
I have flawless skin and I require nothing to make it looking healthy and glowing err except foundation, concealer and compact 😛 but for a lazy girl like me applying moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer sunscreen and compact is a tedious job. So, I am always in search of 2-in-1, 3-in-1 type of products. I tried the lotus 4-in-1 stick as well, I didn’t like it much. So, after having good experience with the modicare primer I thought of trying this.
Product claims: A specially formulated, matt finish 3-in-1 base makeup with the benefit of foundation, compact and concealer to give that perfect, flawless, shine free, even tone skin. It absorbs oily residue to give matte velvet finish all day long.
- Evens out skin and provides perfect coverage.
- Corrects and conceals the blemishes.
- Cream based light and non-sticky oil control formula.
- Gives a matte and smooth look with satin finish.
- Moisturizes, softens skin and absorbs oily residue.
- Suitable for all skin types.
Price: INR 485/- for 9 g
Packaging:It comes in a classy black case. It is provided with a sponge and a mirror. Size of the mirror is pretty good for touch ups and so is the quality of sponge.
Ingredients:Dioctyl succinate, hydrogenated coconut oil, polymethyl methacrylate, pigments, talc, rice starch, hydrogenated castor oil, magnesium carbonate, ricinus communis, cetyl ricinoleate, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamatte, aluminium starch octenylsuccinate,oleyl alcohol, benzophenone-3,acrylates copolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, dimetgicone,parfum,cetyl alcohol, propylparaben, BHT
My Experience: it’s a so- so product nothing great about it. It provides a light coverage, gives matte finish and it blends easily, that’s it. I don’t have many blemishes but I do have light circles, and it doesn’t help in hiding them. I have to use a separate concealer. 🙁 The staying power is not that impressive unless used with a primer, and then it stays for around 6-7 hours on me.
Let me jot down its pros and cons.
- The packaging, its sturdy, travel friendly and mirror and sponge are of good quality.
- It doesn’t go cakey, blends easily and provides a natural look.
- My sister has oily skin, and it never broke her out.
- Its fragrance free.
- It doesn’t conceal, even the very light dark circles. (light dark circles :P)
- Very poor selection range. Only two.
- Staying power is very less.
- Contains all scary chemicals, dimethicone, paraben etc.
- Price. It’s not worth spending 485 on a simple creamy compact.
Final verdict: I feel like a judge while writing this section. Full of power 🙂 It can be used on a daily basis when you don’t want to look made-up. Don’t expect anything more.
Do I recommend it? if u have blemish free skin and you are looking for a light coverage 3-in-1 then yes go for it. I would not recommend it to very oily skinned beauties though.
Will I buy it again? I think I won’t be able to finish it ever. 😛 and even if I do, I won’t.
Have you tried any 2-in-1 and liked it? i am all ears.. 🙂
ETM Edit* Seems like an okay okay product to me Vandana. I guess maybelline clearglow all in one is a better option than this as far as coverage goes. That can also be used as a wet and dry thing but its extremely matte.Colorbar and chambor also has similar products i guess. So you can give them a try too. 🙂