Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer Review And Swatches
Hi everybody,Maybelline recently launched it highlighting pen in 3 shades only 🙁 ie.Ivory,Buff and Honey.
I bought the shade buff which is a tone lighter shade for me but the SA suggested that highlighter/concealers should be used one tone lighter for an illuminating effect.
Price: Rs.475 for 1.5 ml.
Shade: I purchased the shade BUFF which will suit medium skinned tone girls. This is a big con as only three shades are provided and when I bought it,at that time no testers where there.
Texture & Finish: The texture is creamy but it needs effortto blend. It doesn’t dry very fast so ample time is there for getting the desired effect.It doesn’t have any shimmer, just sheer luminosity.The bristles of the pen are soft and not at all harsh on skin.
Regarding Coverage,I would consider it giving medium coverage.Ihave olive undertones and almost all the shades in this range have pink undertone so one might not get desired shade.
Left: swatch ; Right: blended-you can easily see the difference in skin tone
My Experience: I have a love-hate relationship with this product.
- I love the fact that this is housed in a pen but you need to click it almost2-0-30 times to get the product out.
- I love the coverage of the product but the amount of product that comes out at one time is too much for a single use which means a lot of wastage. The product itself has less quantity.
- I love the fact that it really brightens up my under eye area but when I use a flash for taking photographs then I can easily see the difference in my skin tone which becomes pinkier under the eye.
Left: No highlighter/concealing ; Right: After using the lumi concealer
- It really does improve the pigmentation of the eyeshadows so this can be used as an eye shadow base.
Left: Over lumi concealer ; Right: No base
- It stays for about 4-5 hours but doesn’t fade ,only lowers the illuminating effect(pinkiness!!!!).
A small demo on how I am using this concealer:
Left: No base,bare eyes ; Right: Applying the concealer under the eye and a little on the lids
The result is quite obvious in the above picture with left eye being illuminated rather pink-y and right eye being bare.
My Recommendation: I wanted to love this product but somehow I don’t reach for it too often as this work can be easily done with any lighter toned concealer, it doesn’t have any unique/distinguishing quality in it but if you want to try it as an eyeshadow base or you have pink undertones then this product might work for you.
Also,it is over-rated for the quantity provided and the function that it performs.
My Rating: 2.5/5 just for the packaging.
So,girls I would not say ‘DON’T TRY’ this product but you must visit the Maybelline counter and swatch it or have a little test under the eye area,it might suit you.!!!.
Review by Ritika
ETM Edit* Very nice and detailed Review Ritika. I think its similar to garnier rolol on concealer in many aspects. Brightens up the eyes, looks a little pinky and highlights better than concealing. Not to forget, can be used as a e/s base as well. Loved how you have touched every aspect of it in-depth to make us understand better. 🙂