Hello everyone! After about a month long shopping ban *err..okk 20 days max :-/* I suddenly went MAC crazy again as I realized I really need some nude shades from MAC 😛 *no need to raise brows! Cosmo is not a nude so it doesn’t count. -_- It’s a cult shade!* so day and night I browsed through swatches of Hug Me, Velvet Teddy, Blankety and at last zeroing on this one- Patisserie for myself 😀 *even as I am writing this I am itching to lick the bullet :P*
Patisserie comes in lustre finish by MAC which is one of my favorite finishes ever since I discovered Plumful. 😀 It’s kind of a gloss-lippie deadly mix which leaves me no reason to crib that it’s too flat or matte(lippie) or too glossy and sheer. (gloss!) It’s perfectly semi-sheer and can be built up to an extent on the lips. 🙂 It applies smoothly even on dry/un-exfoliated lips and results in a delicious juicy pout. 🙂
The color as aptly described by MAC is indeed a sheer creamy neutral pink justifying each word O:) since I have pink undertones in my complexion, I felt Patisserie or Velvet Teddy would be more apt for me as a nude rather than Hug Me which is a tad browner and less pink 🙂 but I didn’t want a drier matte finish of Velvet Teddy so instead went for this!
I just love the color!! It’s not even a second skin to my lips it is “my lips only” strictly speaking it is a ML shade not even a MLBB. 😛 😛 My lips drink up the color like I sip thirstily from a glass of lemonade on sweaty days and just refuse to change color, *um..i don’t want my lips to change color 😛 I just wanted a bit more color to show you know!* but anyway whenever I want to venture out with natural glossy pink lips *on most days I do :)* I could blindly smear Patisserie on without even a mirror because I know it can never look wrong on me. 😀 It’s MY shade! On ladies with neutral undertones/yellow undertones I feel it would show up as a beautiful creamy sheer pink. 🙂
The lasting power is poor of course, if we compare to amplified and matte finishes of MAC. However I never mind reapplying. *it gives me a chance to go through a lippie at least!* Patisserie wears to my satisfaction through 3+ hours along with light food/drinks. 🙂
- Classic MAC travel friendly packaging which is and always will be a favorite among us MAC lovers 🙂
- The lippie comes in a lustre finish which is one of my favorites!
- It applies smoothly and glossily without any tugging and applies semi-sheer, giving a natural sheen to lips 🙂
- The color is one of the highlights of this lipstick- soft creamy nude with pretty pink undertones which won’t make anyone look dead/ill with this on their lips. 😀
- On my lips it stays on for quite a bit, more than 3 hours even with light snacks so *huggss* *_*
- Does not dry out my lips *it’s a common complaint of lustre finishes I don’t know why*
- Yummy vanilla fragrance *this will always be 1 of the biggest pros for me* ^_^
- It could have shown up a bit more on my lips! :-/ 😛 *ok I know I deserve to be shot!*
That’s it from me today my lovelies. ^_^ Do hunt down this lippie this week. 😀 Until the next time, stay gorgeous and have a lovely week! muuahhh
ETM Edit* You are right Agni. It does look like your lips only..just a bit glossy and healthy. 🙂 Nice review and awesome lip swatches as usual. Even this no-color lipstick looks good on you. 😛 O:)