Lakme CC Cream Review
What Lakme says:
Price: Rs 250/- for 30ml *quite economical too!*
My take on Lakme CC Cream:
When the S.A had swatched the cc cream on my hand, it had looked so pale and yellow I almost shrieked. But she blended in 1- yes 1 swipe and it was all absorbed and my skin was bright.
The texture is the lightest dreamiest I have ever seen among the BB creams. O:) The Garnier one is very very light and if possible this one is lighter. 😀 You can even blend it on your sleep ^_^ and trust me you need to just swipe it once with your fingers and it’s gone 😀 No rubbing, no smoothing! :-* Blending the Pond’s one is a big pain!! *I am a fan of this :)!*
And as I guessed from testing out, its dreamy airy texture it is a boon for oily-skinned girls like me. 😀 It disappears in an instant on my skin instantly mattifying and brightening it 😀 and yes the matte effect does last easily for 3-4 hours which is great in this humid weather. *_* If you powder it, it’s gonna last more!
The coverage of the cc cream is sheer to medium and it can be layered to get quite decent coverage 🙂 but yes since the texture is so light you get a subtle glow and will work for you if you have OK skin. If you have very blemished or deep acne scars/marks this definitely is not going to cover up all! I love it since I don’t need very heavy coverage and what with my oily skin I hate heavy textures right now!
The fragrance is clean and citrusy of lemongrass I guess, ditto like all the products of the sun protection range. I really like the smell and it lasts for sometime after application too! Gives me a fresh feel 😀
The pros of Lakme CC Cream:
- Extremely chic, classy yet travel friendly tube packaging 🙂
- Lovely uplifting fragrance!
- Awesome airy dreamy texture which can be applied and blended without any mirror even. Just takes one swipe to blend!
- Best suited for combi-oily beauties 🙂
- Instantly brightens and mattifies skin with a subtle glow 🙂
- Sheer-medium coverage, perfect for summer and ladies with normally ok skin 😀
- Quite economical 🙂
- Has SPF 20.
The cons of Lakme CC Cream:
- 2 shades is too less to suit all complexions. :-/ As an Indian brand Lakme should have more common sense and variety.
- For heavily blemished skin in the need of more coverage this will never work to conceal. But then again, it does not claim to do so.
- Though it says all skin types I doubt dry skinned ladies will like it 😐
Do I recommend?
The swatches: (taken in daylight)
With only CC cream applied on face! *with flash*
I know you must all be itching to get your hands on this baby 😀 and it is worth it!! 😀 Till the next time byee gorgies :-* *hugs*
ETM Edit* Loved loved loved the texture and finish of it Agni. 😀 Lakme CC Cream sounds like a perfect everyday wear base to me. But of course on my good skin days. 🙂 Packaging is really really good. Am definitely picking it up. Lakme nailed it this time. 😀 Very nice review and pictures. <3