Review by Agnirupa
Heya gorgies 😀
I am currently in my lip cream phase now 😛 and I know I know..once I start a phase I make sure I bore everyone into death and despair before I move on 😀 *no smirking!* and yes since I have already chewed your brains by describing the boring kahaani of how I finally overcame all hurdles and got NYX lip creams I will not repeat ^_^ *did I hear sighs of relief?*
So, moving on to the 2nd shade of my lot O:) a lovely muted neutral pink- Milan 🙂
What NYX says:
“It is not lipstick nor is it gloss. It’s like nothing you have experienced before. It’s lipstick cream that goes on silky but looks soft matte.”
Price: 4.5-6$ is the original price and there are always offers on international sites 😐 Here, it starts from 650 INR onwards approx!!!!
My take on the product:
The NYX lip creams come in a sensible sleek tube with a spongy convenient applicator which makes it very easy to carry around and use. 🙂
The texture like the typical NYX creams is smooth, light, extremely easy to apply on lips without any tugging and dries to a beautiful, soft matte finish which neither looks nor feels dry
The color Milanis a soft pretty, creamy pink without any shimmer/glitter which is apt for everyday wear for both day and night and gives an innocent touch to the face, acting sometimes as the perfect foil for bright eye makeup or a gutsy blush :).The pink in Milan though is very very soft and understated with a certain milky-ness to it which renders the shade pale to an extent and probably Milan is not a very good idea for complexions with warmer undertones. 😐 It just falls short of washing me out. 😛 *so me happy*
In spite of being one of the lighter shades, Milan surprisingly lasts a long long timealmost as long as my Addis Ababa, through 4 hours easily and meals but it does not leave behind a tint obviously so you do have to touch up. 🙂
The fragrance, as in this soft matte range is absolutely edible delicious vanilla and it’s a punishment to keep something this good on your lips without licking it off. 🙁
- Travel friendly sleek tube packaging with a convenient, spongy doe-foot applicator for getting the correct amount of product 🙂
- Awesome, light, smooth cream like texture which dries to a soft classy matte finish within a few moments 🙂
- Does not dry out lips or emphasize their fine lines/dry patches 🙂
- The color Milan is a perfect soft everyday milky pink which compliments heavy eye makeup or bright blushes <3
- Lovely vanilla fragrance 🙂
- If obtained at the original price the quantity and the shades are an absolute steal <3
- Lasts for a really long time on lips and survives meals eaily through 4+ hours!
- As it is a light color, Milan applies a bit streaky on swiping the first time which worsens if you try to dab on more. :-/
- Biggest issue IMO – availability :’( :’(
- The color being a light milky pink is not really the right nude for ladies with olive/yellow undertones and will definitely make them look sick
My rating: 3/5
Do I recommend?
Yeaahh you bet!! At the original price, the quantity, the texture, the amazing colors, staying power are really all too good to be true! This particular color though can be a bit tricky to pull off so be careful before a blind order 😐 And I absolutely recommend begging your abroad friends/relatives to bring back some of these for you 😀 *and for my novel idea send 1 for me as well ^_^ :p * and if you suck at begging, go ahead and just order! Truthfully speaking if we can pay 1000-1500 bucks for a MAC lip glass it really is no issue for us to cough up 650 or even more for these little darlings. <3
Swatches: *in daylight*
My LOTD! (Without any balm/gloss)
That’s enough atyachar for this day ladies. 😀 While you guys prowl around making plans to pick these up I will just go and preen applying 1 of these. 😛 tataaa!!
ETM Edit* Is it close to MAC Mehr Agni? Looks so pretty but am sure its going to wash me out. 😐 Lovely review and amazing lip swatches as always.