DIY Mermaid Curls
Every now and then I always look for ways to give my hair a new look, one such attempts is what my today’s DIY is all about. Beautiful mermaid wavy beach curls.
My earlier DIY on curls using paper is here. The mermaid curls method is simpler and less time consuming when compared to curls with paper.
Materials Needed for DIY Mermaid Curls:
- Wet hair/some water to dampen dry hair
- Rubber bands
- Hair dryer (optional)
Steps to follow:
- Wash your hair and condition it so your hair is easy to manage and less prone to tangles (I skip this step as I have silky hair and I usually don’t use conditioner)
- Let your hair dry until it is slightly damp or if your hair is already washed and is dry, spray some water to dampen your hair.
- Now take the bandana or kerchief (big one) and braid your hair by placing it in between your hair partitions and secure the ends with rubber bands.
- Now, you can either wait 6-8 hours to let it dry or blow dry it all over using hair dryer. When I ‘am in a hurry I blow dry otherwise I leave it overnight (I sleep)
- You can make two braids on each side for more volume.
- Sometimes you can completely skip bandana/kerchief and simply braid your damp hair little tight than usual to get same results.
- More braids more volume.
- Usage of bandana/kerchief gives twists and turns that looks more natural.
- Finally, to style these curls, you can either twist your front hair and pin it in the sides or leave it with a headband like I did.
I hope you found this method interesting.
Article by Anusha
[alert-note]You have got amazing hair Anusha. <3 These curls look so damn good. I have got hair that is naturally like this after hair wash and I am not a Big fan of it. :/ I will try this technique and see if my hair behaves better. Love the last picture with the headband. <3 [/alert-note]