Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder “52 Vanille” Review & Swatches
If you are oily-skinned like me you know what the staple in our beauty kits right? -_- yeahh.. its a good oil-control compact or mattifying powder! In winter even, I need to powder my t-zone, so you get the idea what happens to my oilfield face in summers. :’( I do like the rimmel stay matte powder very much and have hit pan with it but it does not control oil too well, so I picked up this bourjois healthy balance unifying powder a few months back. Bourjois being my uber favorite brand anyway I had to try this cutie. 😀 I picked it up in the shade 52 vanille as I use the same shade in my healthy mix foundation. 🙂
What Bourjois Says:
Give your skin a boost of radiance and even out that skin tone! Enriched with exotic fruit therapy to restore and rebalance the skin:
- Yuzu – Anti-shine.
- Sharon fruit – hydration.
- Its ultra-fine texture is easy to blend and its feather-light feel will make application easy! Its slim compact casing and large mirror inside is an ideal handbag essential and perfect for touch-ups on the go!
- Available in 4 natural shades suitable for all skin tones and it’s good for my skin.
- Hypoallergenic formula.
- Non comedogenic.
- Dermatologically tested.
- 52 Vanille
- 53 Beige clair
- 55 Beige fonce’
- 56 Hale Clair
Price– 575/- INR for 9gm when I bought! Now its 775/- I think.
My Take on Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder “52 Vanille”
Ohh lord! The compact is soo soo cute. 😀 I wanted to get it then and there the first time I spied it at the counter. 😛 It’s a cute red slim and sturdy compact with a nice big round mirror but unfortunately no applicator/sponge. :O Am I supposed to whip out my hanky to touch up my face? -_- otherwise, it is very sleek and travel friendly. 🙂
The powder has a very very light, silky smooth texture– its very fine-milled and is very easy to apply with either a puff/brush. I usually apply it with my ecotools/tbs powder brush and it disappears immediately on my face without leaving any grainy/powdery white cast. 🙂
The powder immediately absorbs any oil/sebum on my face and also sets my concealer/foundation beautifully 🙂 I just brush it lightly all over and it evens out and balances my skin tone and face in a very subtle natural way! It even provides medium coverage if you have light blemishes and I gladly skip any bb cream or foundation in summer and just brush it over my sunscreen and am good to go. 🙂
The powder has a typical healthy mix fruity yummy subtle smell and I adore it even more for that! Coming to its oil-control powers, it has left me pretty impressed as it keeps oil at bay easily for 4-5 hours in extreme weather and in dry season, one application is enough to last the entire day of 10 hours!
Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder “52 Vanille” Swatch
Pros of Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder “52 Vanille”
- Very cute, sturdy, slim red compact packaging with a nice round mirror. 🙂
- The texture is very light, silky soft and very finely milled- no powdery feel!
- Applies and blends very easily on skin with a sponge/brush and sets immediately- no whitish cast <3
- Immediately absorbs any oil/sebum from face and gives a radiant, fresh complexion- also sets make up well.
- Keeps oil at bay and fresh face for 4-5 hours in extreme summer.
- Yummy fruity scent which is typical of the healthymix line.
Cons of Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder “52 Vanille”
- No applicator provided! Grrrrrrr
My Rating– 4/5!
Do I recommend?
A good compact is a must-have for everyone and especially those like me who battle oily t-zone throughout the year – we need a powder which is soft, silly, leaves no white cast yet is effective! Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder fulfills all those claims and it has a yummy scent as well. 😀 Recommended!
That’s all today. I picked up the Bourjois illuminating concealer as well which I am loving right now and will review super soon. <3 Till then, tataa and keep smiling. 🙂
Review by Agnirupa