The Body Shop Vitamin-E nourishing Night Cream Review and Price
Today’s review is about one more skin care product that I swear by and is from one of the trusted brands TBS. Here I introduce to you, The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream.
First things first, I have super-duper dry skin which I am not proud of. If you are someone whose skin is naturally healthy, luminous and is no way close to dryness, then the existence of this cream makes no difference to your life. Rest all who fall in the other skin type categories, this review is for you. 🙂
This is one of the products which I bought along with TBS Vitamin E oilduring thanksgiving deal.
The Body Shop Vitamin-E nourishing Night Cream Price: INR 1195/- ( $16.00 )
[alert-note]Buy The Body Shop Vitamin-E nourishing Night Cream online at Amazon[/alert-note]
The Body Shop Vitamin-E nourishing Night Cream Claims:
With rich wheat germ oil to replenish and revitalize skin while you snooze. A rich, nourishing cream that helps replenish antioxidant and moisture levels overnight, when the skin is at its most receptive. It leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.
Water, Glycerin, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Dimethicone, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Cyclomethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Octanoate, Myristyl Myristate, Panthenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Talc, Manganese Violet, Iron Oxides
My Experience with The Body Shop Vitamin-E nourishing Night Cream:
Packaging: Tub packaging in pastel/powder pink colored tub. Not the most convenient one and I have hygiene issues with any product that comes in tub packaging.
Texture:The cream comes in pastel/powder pink color with mild fragrance which is not unpleasant. Consistency is kind of heavy, but spreads effortlessly in to the skin.Though you find it greasy and heavy on skin, with a little massage it sinks in to the skin.
The Body Shop Vitamin-E nourishing Night Cream Swatch
How it worked on me:
- As mentioned earlier, I have extremely dry skin that looks dull and flaky. This cream has done that thing to my skin what normal moisturizer couldn’t do. I quite like it.
- I apply it on my cleansed and washed skin in the nights after a layer of TBS Vit E Serum-in-Oil, the morning after effect is kinda impressive. It helped combat dryness and gave ample amount of moisture my skin needed.
- I apply this every night and can’t imagine skipping it. I live in a place where temperatures are extremely cold with long winter months. For my kind of dry skin and weather conditions, this product is surely a savior.
- My skin looks lively and I should say this cream does contribute to my skins life and temporary replenish and repair.
- I won’t say it brightens and brings major difference to your current skins condition, but it works on your skin overnight and makes it look less tired, less dull and moistured.
- It is marketed as Night Repair cream, but on the days when Iam not stepping out and if my skin needs moisture I do use it during day time too and I love the way it keeps dryness at bay.
Pros of The Body Shop Vitamin-E nourishing Night Cream :
- Pastel/powder pink cute tub packaging
- Sturdy, compact and travel friendly
- Best at moisturizing and makes skin look awake
- Spreads effortlessly
- Little goes a long way
- Temporarily replenishes and repairs
- A savior during winters for dry skin
- Can be used as day moisturizer too if used sparingly
Cons of The Body Shop Vitamin-E nourishing Night Cream :
- Tub packaging is unhygienic
- Not for oily skin(IMO)
- It brings no major difference to skins texture/tone/pigmentation.
- Can’t TBS make one cream for am and pm instead of making and marketing them as day cream/night cream and blah blah?
- Feels greasy and bit heavy
Will I Repurchase: Yes, it works great on my dry skin
Recommendation: If you have dry skin and want to give it good moisturization routine packed with nourishing vitamin E, then this is it! Great for winter months and a perfect night cream for tired and dull looking dry face. Having said that, TBS Vitamin-E nourishing Night Cream doesn’t contribute or claim any brightening and anti-aging effects, I wish it did.
Review by Anusha
[alert-note]I have used the moituriser from this range for day time and it was way too emollient for my skin type. But again I used to be in Mumbai’s humid weather at that time. My skin is getting very dry these days, so yes I am going to give this one a try next winter. Lovely review Anusha. Even I wish this had some anti-ageing benefits. [/alert-note]