Cheryl’s Clari-Fi Buffing Grains Scrub Review & Swatch:
Cheryl’s is a desi brand that was recently taken over by cosmetics giant L’oreal. Clari-fi-Buffing Grains Scrub is part of the Clari-fi range and is suitable for normal, dry, combination and oily skin that is not acne prone. I’ve been using only Cheryl’s products for over three months now and I have nothing but praise for them.
Now an exfoliating scrub rids the face or body of dry, dull skin by removing dead skin cells from the surface of the epidermis. Do you need one? Well, yes why not. It is an excellent product to use but without proper guidance a scrub can do more damage than good. A face scrub is to be used ‘not too often and not too often enough’. Exfoliating products these days promise clear, brighter, healthy-looking, blemish and acne -free skin but the tiny granules are very abrasive. Over exfoliating will do more harm than good and will result in excessive dryness, redness, blemishes and redness.
What Cheryl’s Says:
What kind of skin do you have? How much is enough?
- Now if you have acne prone or sensitive skin, you should stay away from harsh scrubs because it will only irritate the skin further. You may also develop side effects. A gentle exfoliator once a week is more than enough.
- If you have dry skin, it is often an abnormal build-up of dead skin cells. Exfoliation removes dead cells and rejuvenates the skin. You will see that your skin will start to retain moisture. In this case too a gentle exfoliator once a week is more than enough to keep your skin hydrated.
- Those with combination skin have large pores and tend to experience occasional acne breakouts. A chemical peel is advised. Makes sure the product you use has alpha and beta hydroxy acids. These peels eliminate excess oil in the T-zone area.
- If you are blessed with normal skin, you can exfoliate your face twice to thrice a week. If you find the product too abrasive and you experience redness or inflammation or if you get a breakout stop immediately and exfoliate once a week only with a very mild and non abrasive scrub.
Salicylic Acid exfoliates dead cells and thus helps the skin for faster cell turnover. It dissolves sebum and debris so your pores get unclogged. This enhances cells rejuvenation. It is this fantastic ingredient that promotes a clear and even skin tone.
Oat extracts known for its cleansing action, makes the skin soft and supple. It contains polysaccharides which forms a fine protective film on the skin and replenishes the skin’s moisture to keep it soft and hydrated. It also has exfoliating properties that removes dead skin cells and lightens the skin to give it a bright and even tone.
Allantoin from the comfrey plant soothes heals and calms the skin. Its hydrating properties help moisturize and soften the skin. Gives the face a noticeable radiance.
Menthol refreshes and cools. It also acts as a local anesthetic and counters irritation.
Price: 300/- INR for 50 gm
My take on Cheryl’s Clari-Fi Buffing Grains Scrub-
Cheryl’s uses simple and practical packaging for its products. The product comes in a tube with a flip-top .The packaging is sturdy and travel friendly.
The scrub is light and creamy and smells divine. The oat granules present in the product are not densely packed and totally non abrasive. Of course no matter how mild the product, one should be very gentle because it is after all your face and not a carpet.
If I scrub my face then I do not wash it with soap afterward. Apply an appropriate amount on damp skin and massage upward and in circular motions for a minute. You can wash it off simply and then continue you’re your daily face care routine. I hope it consists of a toner, moisturizer and sunscreen. Cheryl’s has some amazing products that you can use for the same.
You will find your skin refreshed and rejuvenated. Since exfoliating takes off the top layer of dead cells, there will be collagen regeneration. You will see the effective penetration of skin products into the skin, post the exfoliation. My pores are clear and clean and I have not had any breakouts so far. My skin is sensitive and has become dry of late but no reaction to this particular scrub.
Pros of Cheryl’s Clari-Fi Buffing Grains Scrub:
- Desi product
- Available in most salons and online
- Dermatologically tested
- Suitable for normal, dry, combination and oily skin
- Oats as the buffing ingredient
- Good and innovative ingredients both chemical and herbal
- Improves dull and damaged skin for real
- Smells divine
- Scrub non abrasive
- Creamy texture yet not oily
- Light weight
- Very cost effective
- Travel friendly
- Cherly’s has a super wide range of products with good ingredients
Cons of Cheryl’s Clari-Fi Buffing Grains Scrub:
- Nothing really
Swatch of Cheryl’s Clari-Fi Buffing Grains Scrub:
My Rating: 5/5!
Do I recommend the Cheryl’s Clari-Fi Buffing Grains Scrub?
The Cheryl’s Clari-Fi Buffing Grains Scrub is good in every way and gentle enough to be used twice or even thrice a week if needed. Economical and a no fuss product. Sensitive and Acne prone skin should avoid this.I highly recommend!
Review by- Christina