The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in Goa Magnolia Review, Swatch & FOTD-
The Body Shop is one of my favourite brands because it fights for social causes. TBS campaigns to end animal testing in cosmetics, for the environment, Community Trade, to raise self-esteem in women and against the media stereotyping of women.I picked up this beautiful Matte Lip Liquid in March this year. While I used a lot of their make up when I lived abroad, for some reason, either their quality has gone down or they don’t export the same stuff to us in India. I rarely use any of their makeup products. This on the other hand was an exception and I only tried it out because it looked divine on the sales girl.
What The Body Shop Says-
Introducing this season’s hottest lip-color trend, Matte Lip Liquid. Our creamy Matte Lip Liquid provides intense color and a soft matte finish. The non-drying formula provides the perfect way to comfortably wear a bold matte lip this holiday season. Specially formulated to glide on effortlessly like a gloss and set with the rich creamy color and velvety touch of matte lipstick. Our liquid lipstick is long-lasting, lightweight and lusciously soft. And like all our cruelty-free makeup, it’s vegetarian too.
- Velvet matte finish
- Lightweight formula
- Comfortable wear
- Long-lasting color
- Gluten Free
Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Propylene Carbonate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Parfum/Fragrance, Aqua/Water/Eau, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Geraniol, Limonene, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 15850/Red 6, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake.
The 9 shades are as follows:
- Crete Carnation is a warm nude shade that leans toward coral.
- Tokyo Lotus is a medium bright pink with a cool tone
- Paris Peony is similar to Tokyo Lotus. It’s the warmer version.
- Goa Magnolia sports a fuchsia colour
- Cali Garbera is from the coral family
- Sydney Amaryls is a red colour with a tint of orange.
- Tahiti hibiscus is a red that you can sport during the day. It is cool toned and does not have that ‘in your face’ kind of look.
- Mauritius Dahlia is close to red…slight berry tint
- Sicily iris is an opaque plum colour that reminds me of MAC rebel
Tahiti Hibiscus, Sicily iris and Goa Magnolia are the three shades that are the most opaque and will give you a non streaky coverage with a single swipe.
Price: Rs. 695 for 8 ml.
My take on The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in Goa Magnolia-
This creamy Matte Lip Liquid comes in a rather chic plastic tube along with a doe foot applicator.
I chose the colour Goa Magnolia because it suited my skin the best. It is a bright pink colour that looks fuchsia on fair skin tones and unpigmented lips. This colour will suit fair, medium and deep complexions as well. It is opaque and I’m sorted with just one swipe each on the top and bottom lip.
If you have not tried bold colours or matte formulas then the TBS Matte Lip Liquid is the perfect thing for you. It has a formula that provides intense color and a soft matte finish. It won’t dry your lips and is very easy to apply. You don’t have to worry about precision. The mousse formulation glides on effortlessly. Start by defining the lip line, and then fill the rest of the lips. Give it a few seconds to set and voila you have real rich creamy color with a velvety touch.
Matte lips can look incredibly beautiful and elegant, if you know how to wear this type of makeup. Since the TBS lip liquid is a matte one, please make sure your lips are smooth and not chapped. Exfoliate peeling skin before you wear this matte formula. Matte lip products are a pro when you don’t want to draw a lot of attention to your yourself. The darkest colour can get muted because of the formula. Ideal for the day and work.
Pros of The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in Goa Magnolia:
- Cruelty free
- 100% vegetarian
- No Gluten
- No Carmine
- Quite affordable
- 12 good shades to choose from
- Colours are true to the tube colour
- Long lasting – survived a meal, tea, coffee and constant lip smacking
- Nice scent
- Texture like mousse and easy to apply
- Light weight on the lips
- Does not dry out the lips
- Chic packaging
- Available across Body Shop stores all over the country
- Easily available online as well
Cons of The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in Goa Magnolia:
- It does transfer to your mug
- It transferred on to my dog’s head as well when I kissed her
- It is an absolutely no – no if you have dry and chapped lips
- Not all the colours give you an opaque finish so pigmented lips do try before you buy
- Few departmental stores stock TBS products so you may have to shop online if there is no exclusive store in your town.
Swatch of The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in Goa Magnolia-
My Rating : 4.5/5 !
Do I recommend The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in Goa Magnolia?
Yes I like & recommend The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in Goa Magnolia.
Review by- Christina