Daily Skin Care Routine with Cheryl’s Cosmeceuticals-
Mumbai based brand – Cheryl’s was recently bought over by cosmetics giant L’Oréal. They have professional treatments and homecare products for both the skin and hair. Cheryl’s is equipped with diagnostic tools such as a Wood’s Lamp and Hydrameter. These skin scan app’s help their consultants diagnose and recommend the right products and services for your skin. You can avail of this facility at partnering salons as well. Cheryl’s, a pioneer in the field of professional skincare also trains beauticians, aestheticians, dermatologists and skincare practitioners nationwide. The brand recently they opened a Skincare Institute at LookWell salon | spa | academy in Kalyan.
I was introduced to the brand last year. At 37 I thought it was about time that I stuck to a face care routine and to one particular brand that too. So, Cheryl’s it was. It was the best decision I took in a long time.
This is my everyday skincare routine. I have normal to combination to sensitive skin (It’s complicated)
- Step 1 | Cleanse – Massage pea-sized amount of Cheryl’s DermaLite Face Wash onto dampened skin for 30 seconds; rinse with warm water, pat dry.
- Step 2 | Exfoliate – Every three days I use Cheryl’s Clari-Fi Buffing Grains to remove dead cells and clean clogged pores.
- Step 3 | Tone and Moisturize – Yep a 2 in 1 step. In upward strokes I apply Cheryl’s O2C2 Radiance Lotion to the entire face, neck and décolletage. This tones and enhances the natural radiance of the skin.
- Step 4 | Protect with SPF – Cheryl’s Derma Shade Broad-Spectrum UVA and UVB, SPF 30 to the entire face, neck and décolletage. It gives instant fairness and long term sun protection.
- Step 1 | Remove Makeup – Swipe away makeup using Bioderma Sensibio H2O micellar water and Lancome’s BI-FACIL Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover.
- Step 2 | Cleanse – Massage a pea-sized amount of Cheryl’s DermaLite Face Wash onto dampened skin for 30 seconds; rinse with warm water, pat dry.
- Step 3 | Eye Care – Apply Cheryl’s I-Brite Under Eye Roll On to reduce dark circles and puffiness.
- Step 4 | Moisturize – I use Cheryl’s HydraMoist Moisturiser for the entire face, neck and décolletage. It has an intense moisture lock. I specifically use this at night because I sleep with the air conditioning on.
- Step 5 | Hand and Feet Care – Although Cheryl’s HeelPeel Eliminator is for cracked heels, I use it for my hands and feet. It gets warm on application and repairs and prevents the recurrence of dry skin
- Use an SPF throughout the day. When you are indoors, on a cloudy day, if you work nights under artificial light or cook for hours on end over a stove. Sunscreen retains elastin, prevents prematurely aging and reduces pigmentation that comes out in the form of freckles or dark spots.
- Drink (enough) water – Cheryl’s diagnostic tool, the Hydrameter, pointed out that I had very dehydrated skin. To determine your hydration needs, do the following calculation: Water Intake (cups) = Weight x .5 / 8
- Get enough sleep – Your skin is the largest breathing organ of your body. It requires rest and rejuvenation.
- Always take your makeup off – Please do not miss this step for anything. Leaving your makeup on means literally leaving impurities and debris on your skin to clog pores. This causes dull skin and breakouts.
- Pay attention to what affects your skin – Stress, certain kinds of foods and hormonal changes are major contributors to skin change. If you are under medication, check for the side effects.
- Last but not the least, if something confuses you then it is not for you. Let go of it. Apply this in all areas of your life and you will see it change for the better.
Make up Removal
I have been using Bioderma along with the following products for as long as I can remember. I couldn’t help but use my white and soft ball of a cat, Marvel to pose with all the cotton.
- Cotton Makeup Removal Pads.
- TBS Organic Cotton Cosmetic Buds. These double-ended cotton buds are designed with a flat and rounded end and a pointed end. They can be used to clean small surface areas of the skin or assist with perfecting make-up application. This cotton cosmetic bud is the holy grail of eye makeup application and removal.
- Cotton balls. Unless the products are specifically labeled “made from cotton”, they are likely to be made of rayon, polyester, or polypropylene. Please ensure you are using 100% organic cotton balls when swiping off make up. Your face is your fortune so kindly treat it so.
- Terry Cloth Spa Headband. One size fits all and stays on with velcro. It keeps your hair neat and away from the face so you can cleanse your forehead and hairline as well.
Hope you enjoy reading this post because I surely enjoyed sharing it with you all.
Article by- Christina