Juicy Chemistry Tea Tree & Charcoal Face Mask Review-
Hi Everyone ..
After finishing a jar of The Juicy Chemistry Bulgarian Lavender and Black Rice Cleanser , I wanted to try another such natural cleanser cum mask from this brand when I came across this particular Charcoal variant on their Website . Charcoal in skincare products has become really popular these days , so I thought I should give it a try . . I have finished this jar too , so sharing my thoughts on the product today in my review ..
What Juicy Chemistry Says-
Troubled by pesky spots and blackheads? Our super-duper charcoal mask will come to your rescue! Charcoal draws out pore-clogging muck and tea-tree oil acts as an anti-septic. Peppermint oil perks up your skin and improves circulation, while Juniper Berry oil provides control acne. Ground almonds provide extra exfoliation leaving your skin clean and trouble-free.
How To Use-
- Rinse face with warm water to open up your pores
- Using the clean and dry wooden spatula, scoop out a pea-sized amount into your palm.
- Add your favorite hydrosol to make a runny paste consistency. Massage gently in wide, circular strokes in an upward direction with your index and middle fingers avoiding the area around your eyes and lips.
- Mild tingling is natural because of the essential oils present.
- Leave it on for 5-10 mins (Until Completely dry) Revel in the sensation!
- Rinse off gently with lukewarm water and then cold water to close your pores. Pat dry.
- Use only once or twice a wee
Oatmeal, Organic Rice Flour, Prunus dulcis (Almond-meal), Juglans regia (Walnut), Ocimum basilicum (Basil), Rosa (Rose), Lavandula (Lavender), Mentha (Peppermint), Fuller’s Earth, Activated Carbon, Mentha piperita (Peppermint Essential Oil), Piper nigrum (Black Pepper Essential Oil), Citrus bergamia (Bergamot Essential Oil), Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree Essential Oil), Juniperus communis (Juniper Berry Essential Oil)
Price: Rs. 450 for 25 gm and Rs.700 for 50 gm.
My take on the Juicy Chemistry Tea tree and Charcoal Face Mask-
The face mask is a grey coloured ,dry, powdered form mask housed in a basic, simple, plastic jar packaging . I would really appreciate if the brand can amp up their packaging since their products are not budget/inexpensive .
I take about a teaspoon of the powder and mix it with rose water. It has a herbalish fragrance which I find ok and non bothering .
The mask is a little gritty but applies easily on the skin . I really like the wonderful cooling sensation this gives on application which stays on for a while , making it a great summer mask . I keep this on for 10-15 minutes after which it starts drying . I spray on some rose water to revive it and then scrub it off . The mask is easy to wash off but it certainly leaves the bathroom basin messy .
As an immediate effect ,I can notice a nice softness to my skin from the mild exfoliation I get from this mask . My skin also feels super clean , non stretchy/comfortable , refreshed with a soft glow . I can also see some whiteheads around my nose surfacing up so it definitely deep cleans the skin as well . I like to use this mask specially when I have been out during the day and I want my skin to feel clean and relaxed from all the dirt /pollution . I have extremely sensitive skin but this didn’t harm my skin or aggravate acne .
Overall this is a Great Facial mask for Oily -Combination skin which cleans well without over drying the skin . I would definitely purchase another jar of this for summers and would also recommend it .
Pros of the Juicy Chemistry Tea tree and Charcoal Face Mask:
- Comes in powder form , Easy to use , can be mixed with a humectant of your choice
- Deep cleans the skin with its mild exfoliation
- Makes skin soft and doesn’t leave it dry /stretchy
- Gives a nice cooling sensation to the skin , great for summers
- ÀContains skin friendly natural ingredients
- Didn’t not irritate my Sensitive skin
Cons of the Juicy Chemistry Tea tree and Charcoal Face Mask:
- Washing it off can be a little messy
- Not very economical
My Rating: 4/5!
Do I recommend the Juicy Chemistry Tea Tree & Charcoal Face Mask?
Juicy Chemistry Tea tree and Charcoal Face Mask is a great pick specially for summers and for Oily /Combination skin . I really like it for the cooling sensation it gives plus it makes skin soft with its mild exfoliation . It doesn’t dry out my skin like other clay masks so that’s another reason I would re-purchase this .The ingredients list is equally impressive and makes the mask exotic to use . I would recommend this for all skin types specially Oily Combination and acne prone skin .
Review by- Nupur