Makeup Revolution Soph X Highlighter Palette Review & Swatches-
I am a highlighter addict. These are my favourite beauty products, so I experiment a lot on highlighters every month! This time I thought about buying a palette that has all my favourite shades. I researched a lot online and then I placed an order for Makeup Revolution Soph X Highlighter palette. This is a London based brand and has been recently launched in India. I have their eyeshadow palette(which I will be reviewing soon), it is really amazing, so I was quite confident while placing the order from this brand. The major problem with most of the highlighters is that they tend to settle within an hour or so, that makes the skin oily and greasy. So what I want is a highlighter that controls shine and gives a decent glow to the highpoint of my face. Read on to find out my experience with this product.
What Makeup Revolution Says:
We have collaborated with the amazing SophDoesNails to bring you this amazing highlighting palette!
If you are looking for a highlighter palette that does it all- look no further! From a natural glow from within, to a blinding highlight that can be seen from space, we got you covered. With 8 different shades (5 baked and 3 pressed), you can pick your favourites or mix and match colours to create the perfect glow for your skin tone. You know what they say… you can NEVER have enough highlighter! – Soph
- Cruelty Free
- Gluten Free
Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, May Contain [+/-] CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 16035
Price: INR 1550 FOR 16 gm.
My take on the Makeup Revolution Soph X Highlighter Palette-
The palette comes in a outer cardboard packaging which looks really pretty and attractive! Once you open the box, you can find the palette that comes in a plastic rectangular box. So the box has a huge transparent window through which you can see the 8 shades of the highlighters. I find this really nice and convenient to use. The packaging is quite sturdy and travel friendly.
These are not powder based but has a creamy texture. They can be blended easily without the help of any blender. I use on them on the high points of my face with the help of fingertips, a small amount gives a real good result! I didn’t find any oily or greasy look all through the day when I applied any of the shades in the palette. They stay well for about 6-7 hours.
Now let me discuss the shades, it has 8 different shades in just one palette!
The first row (left to right) consists of:
- Icy white shade: This gives a subtle silver glow.
- Light Gold Shade: It looks dark but it gives a decent sun-kissed effect.
- Dark Gold shade; This is a lighter bolder version of the previous one and gives gives that camera flash effect that we mostly see on Instagram :p Thought this is not a everyday wearable shade but perfect for parties.
- Bronze shade: This is brown shimmer shade that can be used for contouring, to highlight the cheek bones or fake that tan kind-of-thing!
The second row (left to right) consists of:
- Rose Gold shade: This has a slight shimmer mixed with gold.
- Purple shade:This has a cinch of purple in it that looks marvelous in sun! So I would suggest this with a slight purple shade lipstick to complete a unique day look.
- Dark Brown: This is a real dark brown shade that I use as an eyeshadow at well.
- Tan Brown: This a little lighter than the previous one but still I avoid putting too much of this as it look kind of fake on my skin tone.
In a nutshell, I love this super pigmented highlighters in just one palette!
Pros of the Makeup Revolution Soph X Highlighter Palette:
- Highly pigmented.
- Creamy texture.
- No artificial fragrance.
- No extra shine.
- Blends easily.
- Different shades for every occasion.
- Study packaging
- Travel friendly.
Cons of the Makeup Revolution Soph X Highlighter Palette:
Swatches of the Makeup Revolution Soph X Highlighter Palette-
Top row (left to right)-
Bottom row (left to right)-
My Rating: 5/5!
Do I recommend the Makeup Revolution Soph X Highlighter Palette?
Definitely I recommend this Makeup Revolution Soph X Highlighter Palette to everyone! It is easily available online and on Nykaa, sometimes you might find a good deal on this! Must buy:)
Review by- Rhea Dadra